The Bank of England today released their latest semi-annual FX turnover survey results for Oct 2015.
Highlights on London FX volumes for Oct 2015
- Total FX volume of $2,148bn/day, down -13.4% compared to Apr 15, and down -21% compared to a year earlier, and the lowest volumes since Oct 12.
- All product volume fell:
- Spot -24% at $737bn/day (and down -34% on year earlier, to lowest since Oct 12)
- FX Options – 24%
- NDFs -16% and FWD -13% although FX Swaps were only -2%
- Turnover fell in most currency pairs:
- EUR/USD down -17% to $640bn/day
- Only three in top 22 currency pairs rose:
- USD/AUD +8%
- USD/CNY + 3%
- USD/KRW +11%.